So, how to do affiliate marketing without followers? Is it even possible? Absolutely!
In fact, it’s safe to say that most affiliates start with zero following.
In this blog post, I’ll tell you the methods you can use to grow an affiliate marketing business without followers.
Let’s start talking.
Why Should You Be An Affiliate Marketer?
There are many reasons why you should become an affiliate marketer, but here are just a few of the most prominent ones:
- Affiliate marketing is a great way to create a passive income stream
- There is no need to create your own products or services to sell
- Affiliate marketing is a low-risk way to get started as an entrepreneur
- There is a huge variety of affiliate programs available, so you can find one that suits your interests and abilities.
- You’re only answerable to yourself and you can work anytime you want
How to Do Affiliate Marketing Without Followers? (6 Powerful Ways)
The cool thing is you don’t need social media or a following to be successful in affiliate marketing.
In fact, most affiliate marketers are bloggers and bring their traffic from search engines like Google.
There are tons of ways to do affiliate marketing without having any existing follower base.
You can create blog posts and promote affiliate products via blogging.
Or, you can promote affiliate products using paid advertising, or by working with influencers.
Whatever route you choose, make sure you are strategic and organized so you don’t waste time and money.
Let’s see how to do affiliate marketing without followers the right way.
Create and Grow an Affiliate Blog
This is my favorite affiliate marketing method, especially because it requires you to work once and reap the benefits long-term.
Blogging helps you create a passive income stream from your content.
Related: How to Start Blogging in 2023 (The Right Way)
But of course, your blog posts need to rank on the first page of Google to get enough traffic.
Because if it’s on the second page of Google, it’s fair to say that nobody knows about it.
According to Moz, one of the most reputable SEO companies, more than 70% of searchers click on a first-page Google result.
Think about it. How often do you visit the second page of Google while searching for something?
You don’t have to be an SEO wizard to figure out the second-page rankings don’t matter.
My point is that your goal should be to find keywords that you can easily rank for on the first page.
Let me tell you a few powerful ways to conduct keyword research, one of the most important steps in any blogger’s journey.
Keyword Research to Find Profitable Keywords
In order to find profitable keywords for your business, you need to do some research. You can use a variety of tools to help you find the right keywords, and then you need to analyze them to see if they are profitable.
The first step is to come up with a list of potential keywords. You can use a tool like Google AdWords Keyword Planner to come up with ideas. Enter a short phrase or keyword related to your business, and the tool will give you a list of related keywords and data on how often they are searched for.
Once you have a list of potential keywords, you need to analyze them to see if they are profitable. One way to do this is by analyzing the first page results, also known as SERP analysis.
Observe the result and see if any of the ranking pages have a low domain age and authority (Moz DA).
Create SEO-friendly Content
If you want your website to show up in search engine results, you need to create content that is both SEO-friendly and interesting to read. This means using keywords and phrases throughout your text, while also keeping your writing style engaging and informative. Here are a few tips for creating SEO-friendly content:
1. Use your target keywords throughout your article.
2. Write in a clear, concise manner. Don’t try to cram too many keywords into your text; focus on quality over quantity.
3. Make sure your content is original and informative. Readers will be more likely to share articles that are well-written and provide valuable information.
4. Use images and videos whenever possible.
Start a YouTube Channel and Promote Affiliate Links
By creating helpful and informative videos, you can attract viewers who are interested in the products you’re promoting.
Be sure to include your affiliate links in your video descriptions so that viewers can easily find them. By doing this, you can earn a commission on any sales that result from your videos.
The good thing is you don’t need any followers to make affiliate income from a YouTube channel.
All you need is traffic, which you can generate by optimizing your videos with the right keywords.
Related: How to Make Money with Amazon Affiliate Without a Website?
How to Use Pinterest for Affiliate Marketing?
Pinterest is one of the most popular social media platforms. It’s a visual discovery platform where users can pin images from around the web to their boards. Boards can be about anything, from recipes to fashion to home decor. Affiliate marketers can use Pinterest to drive traffic to their websites and products. Here are some tips for using Pinterest for affiliate marketing:
1. Create interesting and engaging pins. Make sure your pins are high-quality and eye-catching.
2. Use keywords in your pins’ descriptions. This will help people find your pins when they’re searching for specific topics.
3. Pin often, but don’t spam your followers’ feeds. Aim to pin at least once a day, but no more than three times per day.
4. Follow other relevant users and boards.
And, of course, include your affiliate links or alternatively, bring Pinterest traffic to your blog and generate affiliate sales there
Promote Affiliate Products with Email Marketing
Email marketing is a great way to promote affiliate products, especially because it allows you to personalize your messages.
Here are four tips for promoting affiliate products with email marketing:
1. Choose the right affiliate program. There are many different affiliate programs out there, so it’s important to choose the ones that allow affiliate links in emails. For instance, you can’t use email marketing to promote Amazon Associates’ affiliate links.
2. Create a compelling offer. When you’re promoting an affiliate product, be sure to create a compelling offer that will motivate people to buy. But, don’t forget to send your audience highly valuable content and build authority first.
3. Write great emails. Your emails should be well written and engaging in order to capture people’s attention.
4. Segment your list. It’s important to segment your list so that you can send targeted messages to specific groups of people.
Promote Affiliate Products on Forums
How to promote affiliate products on forums?
Another way to do affiliate marketing without followers is by promoting affiliate products on online forums.
These forums include Reddit and Quora.
However, keep in mind that your account can easily get banned if you spam these forums.
So, don’t spam users with affiliate links; add a lot of value and only include a link on a few of your posts.
Work With Influencers to Promote Your Affiliate Products
Another way to do affiliate marketing without followers is by working with influencers. These are individuals who have a large following on social media or elsewhere online. They can help promote your products to their audience, which can result in more sales and conversions.
Here are a few tips you can use to find the right influencers to work with:
1. Start by identifying your target audience and who they trust for information.
2. Use tools like Followerwonk or BuzzSumo to find popular bloggers and influencers in your industry.
3. Look for relevant hashtags on Twitter and Instagram and find people who are using them frequently.
4. Reach out to your network of colleagues, friends, and customers for recommendations.
5. Ask other businesses in your industry who they’ve worked with and been happy with.
6. Look for brands that already have a relationship with the influencers you’re interested in working with.
Use Google Ads to Promote Affiliate Products
Google Ads can be used to promote affiliate products in a number of ways. You can use targeted ads to reach people who have recently searched for keywords related to your product, or you can use remarketing to show your ad to people who have visited your website or clicked on one of your links.
You can also create unique ads for each individual affiliate product, or use a single ad with multiple links to different products.
Be sure to test different ads and target audiences to see which ones are most effective. And remember, always be honest with your customers about the products you’re promoting!
How to Do Affiliate Marketing Without Followers: FAQs
Do You Need Followers for Affiliate Marketing?
In the online world, followers are everything. The more followers you have, the more people see your content, and the more likely you are to make a sale. Or is that true? In affiliate marketing, do you actually need followers to make sales? Not really. See, you can use different methods to promote affiliate products. For instance, SEO, Google Ads, and forum posting don’t require you to have an existing following.
Do You Need Social Media for Affiliate Marketing?
No, you don’t need social media to do affiliate marketing, but it can help. Most people use social media to share links to their content, so if you’re promoting something on your blog or website, it can be helpful to share it on social media as well.
In conclusion, there are plenty of ways to do affiliate marketing without followers. However, you need to find the right affiliate programs and create valuable, high-quality content on a consistent basis.
Is Affiliate Marketing Worth It?